Monday, October 26, 2009

What are the chances of getting a 2nd mortgage for a trailer near the ocean in a camping ground?

I've asked this question before about campers, trailers, permanent sites at a camping ground in South Carolina.



I am doing alot of research here and many of my feedbacks have been negative about any bank or financial institute even considering a 2nd mortgage or loan to purchase one of these so called trailers in a campground.



I also am getting negative feedbacks on the resale value on these structures.



Anyone know, or how to go about looking for a reputable lender in South Carolina? I am in North Carolina and my broker does not know anyone nor does he have any advice for me on this situation. He told me to check in South Carolina.



So, here I am asking you.



Any help will be greatly appreciated.



What are the chances of getting a 2nd mortgage for a trailer near the ocean in a camping ground?

Yes, most of your feedbacks will be negative about banks and financial institutions considering a loan for a trailer, because of the huge risk factor.



You might be able to take out a second mortgage on your current home for the purchase of the trailer. That is a possibility depending on the equity in your current home.



As far as looking for a reputable lending in SC, I would contact the campground where this trailer is and ask them in the office who the lenders are for the majority of trailer owners. Chances are that you will find they have a particular lender or lenders that owners of trailer in that campground use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive