Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mortgage. Refinance and retitle questions?

My soon to be ex and I own house (joint title). We have been seperated 2 years, but are both on mortgage and equity loan.



I would like to refinance the entire loan to get him off as a liable party.



But, I am confused about title? We have agreed on a settlement amount that I will pay him over time, so no $$ issue right now.



If I apply to refinance in my name only does he need to quit claim to me to have the deed of trust changed?



If I decide to apply jointly with another person does that need to be addressed now in the quit claim?



Or do I apply with new co-borrower, have the ex quit-claim to me and then add my co-borrower on the deed of trust later?



I guess I am confused about what order things need to happen? I drew on equity line to give the ex 50% of his payment, so I may need co-borrower to support the increased mortgage payment/or to get better rate.



Mortgage now is about $3K per month and my gross is only about $8K month. Credit is VG not quite EX



Mortgage. Refinance and retitle questions?

Have you filed for a divorce yet? If not its easy, just quit claim him off the property at the signing the title company will take care of it there will be a small fee just tell the mortgage company that you do not want him on the loan and you want them to take him off of title. they should be able to handle the rest. now depending on what state you are in because you are still legally married he will be forced to sign certain acknowledgments when you sign your loan documents. hope that helps. depending on what other revolving debt you can qualify with full income documentation. What rate are you trying to achieve?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive