Saturday, October 31, 2009

HELOC ,Home equity loan, or Nothing?

I have to refinance my ARM in one year(not for cash back but to lock in at a fixed rate) Should I wait until after I do that to get a loan(for home improvements and vehicle)? My mortgage guy says %26quot;no%26quot; That I could get the loan now and it would just get tied in with my new mort. But I was wanting to get a loan and have it paid off in 10 yrs. If I have to tie it into my mort. I will be paying it off for 30 yrs!! He said its the same either way. and said something about %26quot;sumantics%26quot;??? what would be my best bet? do it now or wait.



HELOC ,Home equity loan, or Nothing?

Don't forget, a heloc is revolving and your payments typically go up.



The heloc where i work is 15 years and you cannot repay it for at least 10years, the last 5 being the repay period of the princip/interest.



Your mortgage guy also gets commission if you open a Heloc now.



Some helocs do not even qualify to refi or roll into a combo loan for the first 5 years or if its is allowed and you attempt it you will pay a 'termination fee' as well as several months interest.



Ask your mortgage guy which index they use and see if he will or someone else uses a lower one. We use LIBOR, which is around 8% but 11th District Cost of Funds is 4.392



, add your margin to that (depending on your credit) and it can vary greatly as you see.



HELOC ,Home equity loan, or Nothing?

I would look at getting the ARM refinanced now while rates are low if you can. As far as a Home Equity loan or HELOC goes the cheaper money would be to have it rolled into your new loan.



A Home Equity Loan or HELOC is slightly more expensive as a second on your house than a first deed of trust.



If you are in the market for a mortgage, home equity loan, or refinance get up to 4 FREE No Obligation Mortgage Rate Quotes at http://www.m-o-r-t-g-a-g-e-r-a-t-e.com



LEARN HOW you can save some serious money with



http://www.h-o-m-e-e-q-u-i-t-y-l-o-a-n.c... and FREE Home Equity Loan Information



Get details on a FREE HOME SECURITY SYSTEM http://www.h-o-m-e-s-e-c-u-r-i-t-y.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive