Saturday, October 31, 2009

My husband and I are very seriously thinking about refinancing our current mortgage through Quicken

Haven't used an online broker before, but if you are thinking of refinancing make sure you check your old loan for errors before you close it.



Surveys show that over 54% of mortgage loans contain errors (up to thousands of dollars) where the lender has overcharged the borrower. Anything from using the wrong interest rate and extra fees, through to computer calculation problems.



It's fairly easy to check your statements yourself. Use a spreadsheet or download one of the better mortgage checker packages out there. I use the one from http://www.HomeMoneyManager.com which I am really happy with, or just search for %26quot;Mortgage Audit Software%26quot; to find others.



If you've had your loan for a while, then a small error could have compounded into thousands of dollars.



My husband and I are very seriously thinking about refinancing our current mortgage through Quicken Loans (onl

Online is not the way to go...you end up paying more in the long run. Go to a reputable lender and have it done right.



My husband and I are very seriously thinking about refinancing our current mortgage through Quicken Loans (onl

Instead of refinancing, you may be able to get a HELOC. It is like having your own bank. You could check with a mortgage broker for that. I know of some if you need referrals. Also, you may be interested in this new program. It works well with a 30 year mortgage. I am currently using a HELOC with a new software program that helps build equity fast, and will payoff my home in less than half the time without refinancing, and without extra payments. It is saving me thousands in interest, and pays off home in less than half the years. E-mail me if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive