Saturday, October 31, 2009

Career in Mortgage loans vs Insurance?

I have an opportunity to take a job as a mortgage loan officer or an insurance agent. I already have my P%26amp;C liscense, so I will still need to get my life if I do the insurance. The insurance job will be with farmers wich is a very reputable company vs a smaller mortgage company. My friend that is currently doing mortgage, claims he is making big bucks.... 15, 20 grand a month. What field is a better place to make money?? What field has a better future? Please only answer if you really know about these industries. Thanks.



Career in Mortgage loans vs Insurance?

The mortage biz is geting tougher. Not a lot of money in P%26amp;C though, life and health is where is make the big commissions. P%26amp;C is something you build a career with. Small now but after several years, it will be good.



Career in Mortgage loans vs Insurance?

I've been in the mortgage business for the past 6 years, I recently got fired from Wells Fargo for not meeting the minimum production standards (quite a few people from there were let go). I'm currently working for a mortgage broker, I must say this business is extremely tough right now. I don't recommend anyone new enter the business right now, it's just too demanding and frustrating. People really shop you around, they are looking for the deal of a lifetime. People don't trust lenders so you are constantly selling yourself. I'm currently looking for work in a completely new field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive